As a business investor, you can come to the U.S. either on a temporary basis (as a non-immigrant) or you can also obtain permanent residence (as an immigrant). In both categories, your wife and children can obtain derivative visas in the same classification. Your spouse can obtain a work authorization with which he or she can work for any employer.

E-2 investor visas and E-1 trader visas allow business investors/traders from countries that have a bilateral investment and/or trade treaty with the United States to set up and operate a qualifying business in the United States. The business and the individual must both qualify for E-2 or E-1 visa status, with the business acting as the investor’s sponsor.

The Immigrant Investor Program, also known as EB-5, was created by Congress in 1990 to stimulate the U.S. economy through job creation and capital investment by immigrant investors by creating a new commercial enterprise or investing in a troubled business. There are 10,000 EB-5 immigrant visas available annually.

Get started today by calling our firm at (786) 536-4567 or (863) 675-6752, or by setting up a consultation online.